In 1904 railroads made transport to and from Brownsville easier allowing the business community in Brownsville to flourish.
In 1906 business men gathered in various office buildings in Downtown Brownsville before the association built its first office in 1927
In 1921 efforts to construct a deep-water port at Point Isabel and the construction of Highway-77 ensued
1927 the Brownsville Chamber of Commerce built its first office on Elizabeth street.
In 1929 Pan American established base at the newly opened airport and became the largest employer in Brownsville for 30 years to come.
In 1937 the Brownsville Chamber of Commerce began operating as a non-profit. The Chamber helped organize the first Charro Days festival.
In 1953 the Fort Brown Memorial Center was opened, providing facilities for conventions.
In 1958 the Chamber was requested to assist in signing-up property owners to pay for the cost of curb and gutters along the property.
In 1975 Joe Coulter, the Chamber’s then President, worked to see that Brownsville has an adequate supply of water and established the Southmost Regional Water Authority.
In 1985 Leadership Brownsville, the Brownsville Economic Development Council, and the Brownsville Convention and Visitors Bureau were established by the Chamber.